|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Microsoft Server Engineer to provide testing services as a technical member of the PMO. The appointed resource must be able to contribute the following:
Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system).
Develop comprehensive test cases based on defined system and end-user requirements.
Develop test reports that provide a qualitative and quantitative indication of the success of the system implementation according to test-cases.
Updating and conducting assigned test tasks.
Develop and execute test procedures in-line with the Test and Evaluation plan.
Liaising with internal/external service providers and stakeholders as required to request and action technical change requests.
Ensuring system and test documentation is adhered to, and updated to maintain currency throughout the build and test periods.
Provide support to ICT operations, and support to enabling the upkeep of defined performance levels (as required before transition to enduring sustainment model).
Key skills and requirements:
To support the above role requirements, it is the expectation of the PMO that the appointed resource has the following skills and experiences (or equivalent):
A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in utilising enterprise ICT test tools and processes as a part of a structured development lifecycle, including:
Adhering to policies and procedures
Using commercial off the shelf test suites
A diverse conceptual understanding of Microsoft enterprise-level architecture and technology stacks.
An ability to learn and adopt new applications, business processes and procedures as required.
Well-developed organisation and team skills, including the ability to manage changing priorities and dynamic time-frames
An ability to work as a member of a small team who is able to achieve objectives on time with minimal supervision.
- An experienced Microsoft Server Test Engineer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.