|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Utilise your project management and cyber security experience, in this pivotal role
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Location Edinburgh Parks, SA
Apply your talent where it counts as a Deputy Project Manager in our team at Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
As the Deputy Project Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) Project Manager in ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals, associated with the assigned project, are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements, in order to deliver required business performance.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Project manage CDS Product and Service orders
- Project manage product development activities as allocated by the CDS Project Manager, and lead the realisation of allocated components of the CDS technology roadmaps to deliver capability
- Lead the development of CDS tenders and quotations, which offer Cross Domain Solutions as an integrated solution of technology, engineering development, engineering services and bespoke support arrangements
- Support the development of the CDS strategic goals, objectives and action plans for the Cross Domain Solutions business
- Support the CDS Project Manager and CDS Project Engineering Manager in the development of investment roadmaps, which involve an integrated solution of technology, engineering development, engineering services and potentially bespoke support arrangements
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial long-term relationships with strategic Australian defence and security customers
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to lead small bids and project teams to meet challenging customer requirements and deadlines
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Previous engineering lifecycle experience
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way that generates business benefit, whilst maintaining key relationships
- Skills and experience in relationship development and communication with customers and internal stakeholders
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A tertiary qualification in Project Management or relevant discipline, along with demonstrated project management experience, is essential in this role.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and have an active Negative Vetting Level 1 defence clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Team Lead - Talent Acquisition, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.