|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join the team in Gisborne working as the Contract Manager where you’ll play a leading role in one of our leaders in our Construction team. You’ll provide the Construction Manager with assistance and will be responsible for overall delivery of construction works within the region.
If successful, you’ll be involved in the delivery on construction project requirements, optimising resource use and achieving target results. This is a great role for a driven individual looking to make their mark!
We are offering:
- Challenging and diverse work
- Opportunity to mentor and develop a team of experts
- A competitive remuneration package
- Succession plan for the right candidate
If you are looking for your next challenge or you are a seasoned Manager looking for change this is the position for you. Either way you will be passionate about Contracting, in particular Road Maintenance, actively seek continuous improvement, and be an inspirational leader.
About the role
As our Contract Manager, you will be managing the processes associated with the provision of all physical works including safety, traffic management, quality, environmental, financial, resource management in the delivery of construction and capital works to ensure the contract meets the required levels of service. This will be in the most cost effective manner, through the management of resources for the Gisborne region. Part of this will include:
- Participation in the production of contract methodology, budgets and programmes required for the contracts assigned
- Manage all contracts delivered by the Operations Team within the approved budget and achieve projected profit and return on assets employed
- Support the Construction team with delivery of services and contract performance, ensuring best practice systems and methodologies are used
- Provide Gisborne Management Team with timely, accurate monthly reports that include relevant commentary and recommended actions
- Develop strong relationships with key customers in the Gisborne network, anticipating and resolving issues, and identifying opportunities for new business
You’ll need to have proven successful Contract Management experience in Roading Maintenance, Utilities and/or Construction with NOC Contract Management preferred and also bring to role these other skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in Business Management or Civil Engineering
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- A strong track record of positive leadership behaviours that empower others
- Proven background in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 572081.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.