|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in facility management and service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management.
- Experience with contract management.
- Experience developing and managing budgets (including capital budget justification) with financial, contract management, and purchasing skills.
- Ability to think 'out of the box' and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- Advanced people management and leadership skills, with ability to influence at all levels. Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards. Act with integrity in all business transactions.
- Ability to communicate in written format as well as meetings. Comfortable and engaging presenting orally in front of large crowds.
- Industry related certifications (BIFM, IFMA)
About the job
At Google, we aim to foster Googley work environments that are collaborative, friendly, and fun. The Facilities Manager Sydney, covering both Australia and New Zealand works closely together to bring our spaces to life as they oversee the daily operations in the expanding campus.
Google operates on a global scale, but each office seeks to create a unique Googley feel. As a Facilities Manager, you'll build consistently outstanding workplace experiences that work at scale. You'll design, implement, and manage Google's workplace service offerings. You're a great communicator who is comfortable taking on complex projects with a diverse set of stakeholders. You believe that great isn't good enough. You bring an analytical mind to constantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your projects, delivering innovative solutions to workplace operations. You get satisfaction from knowing your end users are happy, healthy and productive, and are excited about joining a fast-paced, collaborative team that is reinventing what a workplace can be.
You're a creative, organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. You go out of your way to make sure your end users are not only satisfied, but singing Google's praises. You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring enthusiasm, creativity, dedication, and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world's most cutting-edge innovation.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Provide facility service operations in Australia and New Zealand including new office builds and fast-paced expansions, capacity and space planning, and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience, being the face of workplace services to our end users, partnering with Googlers to deeply understand their needs and deliver the right solutions, while acting as a trusted partner.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to enhance the employee experience. Effectively communicate REWS mission and strategies to executive management through timely, relevant, and tailored communication.
- Collaborate with REWS partners, IT, People Operations, and Finance to ensure an efficient, productive integration for regional initiatives, fiscal responsibilities, data analysis, new program implementation and mergers and acquisitions activities.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to facilities teams, on delivery of Google's diverse programs, services, and contracts.