|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Lawyer (5-6+ PQE) - Taxation in our Melbourne office. This is a unique opportunity to work on contentious tax matters in a supportive, collaborative environment.
The Taxation Practice Group
Working closely with Amber Agustin you will be part of a practice group who provide a fully integrated service across the spectrum of taxation issues. The Melbourne Taxation team represents a strong client base, working on a variety of matters, including:
- tax dispute resolution
- tax audits
- tax litigation
- regulatory investigations including multi-agency investigations
- disciplinary matters
- ATO (and state revenue office) powers including raids/access and notices
- employment taxes
- superannuation obligations
As part of our National Tax Team you will have the opportunity to develop and pursue your own area of interest.
For further information, please visit our Taxation showcase page on LinkedIn.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Senior Lawyer (5-6+ PQE) with solid tax training
- Experience drafting advices, ruling applications, objections, witness statements and affidavits, and submissions
- Strong knowledge of tax administration provisions
- Strong knowledge of administration law relating to tax administration
- Experience providing tax technical advice in a dispute setting
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and supervising more junior lawyers
- A strong client service focus and work ethic
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills - required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment
- Enthusiasm, ambition and the energy to support a busy and growing tax practice with a strong collaborative nature
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsEmma Tyson, (03) 9286 6682
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.