|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your hardware engineering skills and join a Defence industry leader with an emphasis on continued career development
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Hardware Engineer in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Hardware Engineer to be an integral member within our Wide Area Surveillance business. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and maintaining the existing fleet of developed radar products as well as developing the future catalogue of radar products for the export market. This rewarding position will be situated at our Richmond office in Melbourne and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Design and develop hardware systems and equipment, can be digital designs (FPGA's) or Radio Frequency (RF) dependent on your expertise
- Develop new hardware for the latest catalogue of products including requirements derivation, feasibility study of solutions and establishing test plans and procedures
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior engineers and allocate engineering work packages
- Collaborate with engineering teams to review and validate hardware designs prior to manufacture
- Report on the status and progress of hardware engineering activities
- Contribute to the estimation of hardware development level of effort for bids and project estimation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive experience in designing and developing hardware including its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrated experience developing digital hardware designs (FPGA's) or developing radio frequency (RF) designs with a high frequency (HF) focus
- A relevant tertiary degree level engineering qualification
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, resiliency and a flexible approach to work
Whilst not essential, familiarity with Matlab modelling, programming languages or Defence industry experience will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.