|Location:||Barangaroo, Brisbane City, Melbourne|
- Provide engineering support for the Cyber Security Operations team
- Play an integral part in supporting Origin's Security Operations function
- Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This is a unique opportunity to join our Cyber Security team based in Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne. Reporting to the Head of Security Engineering and Operations, your role will play an integral part in supporting Origin’s Security Operations function. This is your chance to work within a fast paced and emerging environment that is a critical component to Origin’s future.
There are a number of business trends within Origin and in the energy industry that create the need for increased IT risk and information security disciplines and processes:
- Smart Grids – Integration of home consumer networks with the electricity network information technology infrastructure
- Blurring of boundaries - Flow of critical information assets across different jurisdictional and organisational boundaries
- Online services – 4.3m retail customers consuming Internet based services
- Mobile workforce – International expansion of the business and an increasingly mobile workforce
- Cloud and DevOps - Increased adoption of Cloud-based services and solutions
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide engineering support for the Cyber Security Operations team, to build and manage the systems and tools to support their processes.
- Actively contribute to building and automating security controls to support a lean Cyber Security operations model.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Perform impact assessment of threat, vulnerability, and other general information security issues and trends to Origin’s Cloud-based information / technology assets.
- Support the development and execution of Origin’s cyber security monitoring and response strategies.
- Design, develop and test solutions for solving security operations, threat hunting and incident response challenges.
IS THIS YOU?
We need a DevOps Engineer with a keen interest in cyber security, or a Security Engineer that embraces DevOps practices.
You will have or can demonstrate experience in:
- 2+ years of Cyber Security, IT operations or Software Development experience.
- Experience building with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and practices, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment strategies.
- Analytical skills with the ability to translate data into valuable information for management.
- Experience implementing security best practices across different operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc).
- Experience writing scripts or developing software in Python.
- Experience with Logstash, Elastic beats, PowerShell, Bash, Splunk, or Amazon Athena is advantageous.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID 76888
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers