|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Provide solution development and support that are consistent with architectural and business needs
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Location Osborne Naval Shipyard
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a JIRA Confluence Administrator in our ASC Shipbuilding team in the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned JIRA Confluence Administrator to join our team.
You will be responsible for installation, administration, and upgrade and integration of JIRA and Confluence. You will be responsible for designing, creating, maintaining and updating project trackers, dashboards and reports for Hunter Class Frigate Program.
You will set up, administer and Support Atlassian tools, JIRA and Confluence.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide user management support and project provisioning support for JIRA and confluence
- Maintain JIRA projects, users, workflows and permissions
- Improve JIRA security, Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration
- Customize dashboards and filters using scripting languages
- Identify requirements for improved usage and usability of collaborative tools
- Ensure improvements are incremental and follow the organisations SDLC practices
- Develop scripts and programs and make configuration changes in JIRA, Confluence and elsewhere as needed to improve usability
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working with the Atlassian Suite and have experience in managing Jira end to end
- Demonstrated experience in Jira and Confluence
- Strong trouble shooting and debugging skills
- A strong knowledge and understanding of integrating JIRA with other products, but having worked in an integrated environment will be a plus
- Demonstrated experience in technical and functional design
- Experience in implementing and configuring small to medium scale applications and service desk solutions such as Jira Service Desk
- Experience in managing application change request and product releases
- A good understanding of business systems applications such as ERP tools, business intelligence tools and familiarity with reporting tools will be an advantage
- Experience in customizing dashboards and filters using scripting languages
- The ability to provide support beyond the normal working hours
Whilst not essential, qualifications in information technology, ITIL and an Atlassian certification will be an advantage.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.