|Location:||Brisbane - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Embrace a truly diverse job working with a great group of people. Develop a career that means something, without sacrificing life at home. Oh, and enjoy the view.
About Port of Brisbane
We’re so much more than ‘just a port’. From marine operations and security specialists to property managers, strategic developers and administrative experts, our team is truly diverse. Whatever your role, it’s likely no two days will be the same. The very nature of what we do means new challenges, new tasks and new projects are always on the horizon. As we innovate in a changing industry, we need people who get the job done and then help us do it better. Our best people do that every day.
You’ll join a company proud to be renowned for best practice in our industry. We continue to invest in innovation and growth to move PBPL and the maritime industry forward. Our continued success depends on the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. Join us and help us build a bright future for PBPL, for Queensland and for you.
As part of the Technology team, you’ll be working to advance PBPL’s digital strategy by championing information management and digital literacy. You’ll be working across the business to understand the available data sources, including data integrity measure, known relationships and the acquisition processes. You’ll be supported to develop your skills within a team that values knowledge sharing and continuous improvement. As a diverse organisation, PBPL will provide the opportunity for you to work across many disciplines including marine, logistics, finance and strategy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the business outcomes and metrics for the organisation as a whole and the departmental teams
- Identify and catalogue data sources across the PBPL functional areas and externally
- Identify data requirements or information gaps and define new data collection and analysis processes including acquisition improvements, document business reporting requirements and design appropriate presentation mechanisms (alerts, dashboards, reports)
- Identify and research patterns or trends in data and investigate potential correlations.
- Provide education to all levels of the business on the value of data, how to translate data into information, and how to make better use of data for data driven business decisions
- Work with vendors of business solutions on how to expose data in these systems (IoT vendors are a good example)
- Strive to improve the PBPL’s information management and digital literacy
Do you have a keen interest in analysing, modelling and interpreting data? Are you curious about how data can be used to drive business outcomes?
Are you someone that:
- Holds an undergraduate degree in Mathematics; Information Management; Economics or similar analytical discipline and / or has 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Has experience in learning and exploiting evolving digital tools
- Has a sound understanding of Information Management principles, data transmission and data storage methods
- Is experience in agile methodology
- Is able to work independently as well as contribute within a team environment
- Has an interest in understanding data across many disciplines
- Communicates well, both written and verbally
Working with us
We really do have a great bunch of people, who want to be here! You’ll be welcomed and supported by your manager and your team to be the best you can be. You’ll benefit from the know-how of our experienced long-termers, as well as the fresh perspectives and ideas of the new experts we’re bringing into the business. And with a range of optional social activities on offer, you’ll build trusted relationships across the company.
We expect a lot from our people, who are committed and dedicated to our mission. But our teams tell us they really value the balance they can achieve between work and home life. From a family-friendly culture and work rosters to flexible work arrangements where possible, we’ll support you to bring your best, at work and at home.
We strongly encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Ready? Let’s get started.