|Job Type:||Full Time|
Every day, we’re all part of something bigger.
Whatever the challenge, it’s a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver\:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
The primary objectives of the role are\:
- Establish and execute the completion management system in collaboration with key stakeholders to enable to smooth progressive closeout of works, handover of documents and assets in achieving contractual requirements.
- Drive the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Lead a quality culture; promoting an informed, participatory workplace that continues to develop new product and engineering designs, and construction and training methods. achieve quality levels that satisfy our client’s needs and expectations.
As the Completions Handover Engineer, you will\:
- Ensure the quality objectives are achieved through planned and controlled work processes.
- Develop and execute the TasWater CDO completion management system and mobility ‘in field’ defects management system in accordance with the Program Alliance Agreement and regulatory, in particular dam safety and electrical, requirements.
- Interfacing with Engineering to make sure that the engineering deliverables are agreed upon, in the optimal format, and on schedule to support implementation of the completions management system and generation of deliverable matrices to support construction and commissioning activities.
- Interface with Project Delivery to ensure that preservation requirements and a preservation plan is developed including how preservation records will be managed in Aconex.
- Develop and deliver completion management system training modules across projects, roles and responsibilities.
- Assist Project Team(s) and Subcontractors develop and implement completion and commissioning project specific management plans, procedures and forms.
Our minimum requirements for the role\:
- Degree in Engineering / Construction / Project Management or Trade Certificate (desirable)
- 10 years engineering / construction experience
- 5 years construction completions and/or commissioning experience (essential)
- Awareness of relevant Australian and International standards, both technical and those related to management systems (essential)
- Advanced computer skills and systems development for completion and commissioning processes and mobility application (essential)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Possesses and has experience in people management, programme management, analysing information, reporting research results, technical understanding, relationship management, developing standards, managing processes, construction methods and procedures, problem solving, process improvement, change management, verbal communication, informing others, emphasizing excellence, attention to detail, thoroughness, dealing with complexity
This role is based in Hobart, Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful candidate.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.