|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are proud to be supporting the Hamilton Alliance with a range of projects maintaining and extending roads, bridges and pathways around the Waikato network. We require experienced Concrete Forepersons to help us deliver to these assignments. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual interested in leading a crew within our Hamilton team.
About the job:
As a specialist tradesperson, you will lead your crew to carry out concrete construction and repairs on a day to day basis. You will be responsible for:
- Delivering to daily projects by motivating and directing your crew accordingly.
- Carrying out concrete form work and finishing on footpath, kerb & channel and driveway concrete works
- Monitoring your work sites to ensure compliance and producing accurate reports and documentation.
- Ensuring efficient and safe use of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Effective communication and positive relationship management with clients, team members and the general public.
- Operating specialist plant including kerbing machine
This is a great role for some who is an experienced Driver Operator or Leading hand and is looking to take that next step.
You will be a team player with an organized and systematic approach to the working environment. You will also have the following experience:
- Several years within the civil contracting industry
- At least five years working with concrete and form work
- Problem solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
- Leading a team to meet deadlines and maintain safety standards
- Hold a Full NZ Class 1 and 2 licence with WTR endorsements
Perks of joining our team:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- A stable work environment with full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week
- Overtime, weekend work and on-call shifts available at times at an increased rate
- The opportunity to join a high performing team that get stuff done!
- Tools of trade including your uniform, use of vehicle, phone and tablet
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number
571709 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.