|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and self motivated Spray Seal Supervisor to join our surfacing team, based in South Australia. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and planned works of varying sizes.This is a newly created position that would suit an individual that is high focused on efficiency, with demonstrated capabilities in thought leadership and safety.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate a crew, whilst managing the plant, suppliers and resources in order to complete works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm.
- Previous experience with Spray/Chip Seal
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site
- Exposure in civil road construction , road maintenance and surfacing would be ideal
- Demonstrated success in managing performance in order to meet and exceed agreed targets
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Proven ability to drive accountability throughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
For more information please contact: Yvette Michael on 0438 213 759 – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.