|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Technician Lead, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Datacenter Technician Lead, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Building strong working relationships with customers
- Ensuring alignment of operations and programs to Microsoft’s big picture and goals
- Leading a team of datacenter technicians responsible for hardware installation, cabling, power cycles, swap out of failed components, and hardware troubleshooting
- People management including performance reviews, career coaching, and career growth discussions
- Performing shift-based tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities
- Encouraging team to share lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and deliver success
- Manage resource scheduling to ensure meeting SLAs and project deliveries
- Provide hands-on support to DCT team as needed during high volume work activity
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- College or university degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce of up to eight employees
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Basic working knowledge of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- NV1/2, PV Clearance Assessment: This position may require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.