|Job Type:||Full Time|
EOI - Electrical Maintainers – Cape Lambert Ports (residential)
- Be a part of our culturally diverse teams on site
- Residential role in sunny Wickham surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including fully funded relocation and subsidised company housing
About the role
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for ongoing opportunities for Electrical Maintainers who are interested in joining the Port Maintenance and Operations teams acrossour Cape Lambert A&B Ports. The purpose of these roles will be to provide safe and efficient electrical maintenance, repairs and fault finding to our assets across both ports.
Working a residential shift rotational 5:4 / 5:5 / 4:5 roster and reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Maintain electrical infrastructure as per the weekly schedule
- Actively support the maintenance strategy and provide technical advice towards improvements aligned with this direction
- Identify and recommend fixed plant improvements to reduce cost and down time
- Maintain statutory electrical inspections and records as required by MSIR
- Complete fault finding and repairs of electrical systems and equipment
- Complete isolations and inspections to identify faults and raise quality notifications in SAP
- Complete quality handovers with oncoming crews and other maintenance teams including contractors as well as assisting different teams as required
- Ensure all electrical work activity is carried out in accordance with site safety standards and procedures
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- An Electrical trade certification and WA A-grade Electrical License
- A Manual C-class Australian Drivers Licence
- A current Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) or the willingness to obtain one
- A HV Operator ticket
- Port maintenance experience
- Competency with the use of SAP, Raising Quality Notifications and PLC systems
- A passion for safe execution of work
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple taskS
Where you will be working
Our four independent shipping terminals at two locations, Cape Lambert and Dampier, are managed as a single port system. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, product stockpiling and blending, and ship loading. Employees reside in Wickham which is located 1,572 km north of Perth and 13 km north of Roebourne in the Pilbara region of Western Australia with Karratha being the closest town. Wickham is a fascinating historic town boasting pristine sandy beaches and excellent fishing spots.
What’s on offer?
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Company housing provided in all residential towns
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
- Two flights to Perth per annum for you and your dependents
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options that includes residential housing, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
Thisrole is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate toWestern Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, ourregional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns whereapplicable.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.