|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your strong leadership skills and your commercial acumen in this key defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
We're also busy preparing for new opportunities and are welcoming talented people to register their interest. Suitable people will be welcomed into our talent community and kept informed as these new opportunities arise.
Currently we're welcoming applications from talented Commercial Managers.
About these Opportunities
As a Commercial Manager in Battlespace Integrated Solutions business, you will be responsible for leading a small team to provide commercial guidance and direction to the business, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations in relation to two key Battlespace Integrated Solutions projects.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Lead a small Commercial team to support the two critical programs
- Drive the implementation of commercial policies and practices including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property, and the plan and management of Australian Industry Capability
- Attend and contribute to phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management plans as required
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in a commercial, contracts, business management discipline
- Significant experience in a commercial management position
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry and an understanding of ASDEFCON and/or FARS and DFARS
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Registrations of interest should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman and made online here.
Whilst registrations of interest must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
What happens next?
We will consider your registration of interest against the planned opportunities and provide feedback. Should your background align, we'll welcome you into our talent community and keep you informed as to the status of emerging job opportunities.
As always, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for our opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.