|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
Uniting is passionate about supporting our aged care clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible. We are looking for like-minded Support Workers to join our growing home and community care team in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie areas on a permanent part time basis.
Our certified Support Workers are responsible to provide services to our clients:
- Help at home: housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation
- Personal Care: personal hygiene, toileting, showering, dressing, help at mealtime, medication
- Transport: appointments, shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: accompany clients on outings, assist with our Healthy Living for Seniors activities including working in our day centres
- Cert III or IV in Aged Care, Individual Support, Home and Community Care or equivalent certificate including personal care modules.
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Drivers licence
- Comprehensive insurance and a reliable car
- Medication Assist Certificate (desired not essential)
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kms between clients
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Opportunity for training, development and mentoring
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.