A role with WorkCover Queensland is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to develop your career and make a real difference. Our vision is to be the best workers’ compensation insurer and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We bring together diverse talent and provide you with the opportunity to achieve your potential, add value to the meaningful work we do, and make WorkCover a truly inclusive place to work.
In this initial 6 month fixed term contract you’ll contribute to:
- Development and maintenance of WorkCover’s purchasing framework to ensure compliance with the State Procurement Policy and guidelines.
- Provide advice and assistance on the application of the State Procurement Policy, including developing Significant Procurement Plans and project management of tenders.
- Development and annual review of WorkCover’s Procurement Policies (including Corporate Procurement Plan) to ensure compliance with State Procurement Policy and guidelines.
- Preparation, annual review and advertising of WorkCover’s Forward Procurement Schedule.
- Provide advice and assistance in the application of the State Procurement Policy and in the preparation and development (through consultation and research) of appropriate purchasing strategies and significant procurement plans for all business areas.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to contract managers (including the Procurement Advisor) in managing supplier relationships.
- Project manage tenders on behalf of all business areas.
- Level 4 purchasing certification with Queensland Government Chief Procurement Office or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related degree and/or in a purchasing/procurement discipline is highly desirable.
- Experience in Management Accounting would be beneficial
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior procurement role, which included project managing tenders, for a medium size organisation with multiple sites (cost centres).
- Detailed knowledge of public sector procurement policies, practices, procedures and guidelines plus knowledge of contemporary and emerging trends in purchasing and contracting.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Paul Stredder, Senior Consultant People and Culture with applications closing at 12pm, Tuesday 28th July 2020.