|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
Please note that the location for this role is listed as remote due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hi! We’re Billy and we’re using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer.
Our core product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. Everyday our products are making a difference in the lives of professional carers, family carers and seniors right across the country.
We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Python software engineer for a 6-month contract, to contribute to and maintain our core platform and the APIs, which power our mobile and web applications.
The role requires close collaboration with other parts of our product team, to ensure that the service functions smoothly and reliably, whilst also designing and implementing new features and services in a considered and scale-able way.
In this role you will use your skills to:
- Contribute to the development of our next generation of software products
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implement and maintain RESTful APIs
- Manage the integration of data storage solutions
This role would be well suited to those that meet the following criteria:
- Breadth of software development experience including Python & Django
- Strong relational database experience (Particularly PostgreSQL)
- Experience and knowledge of RESTful API development
Additional experience that will help you excel in this role includes:
- Experience with message-based systems (RabbitMQ, Celery)
- Experience working with NodeJS, React and ReactNative
- Experience working with container tools such as Docker, and CI tools such as Buildkite
- Experience with time series and serverless databases (Particularly InfluxDB & DynamoDB)
Why work for us?
We’re a company built on passion, talent, expertise and a determination to build products that are unashamedly senior-first. We have a people-first approach and provide a range of employee benefits including salary packaging, an employee recognition program, health and well-being services and employee discounts on vehicles and home appliances.
We are actively looking for candidates that share our passion for delivering world-class product experiences and have a deeply inquisitive mind.
If this sounds like you, send us an application!