|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a UX-related field (e.g., human-computer interaction, human factors, behavioral research, or graphic design), or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in product, software or interaction design.
- Automotive experience or knowledge, or industry experience in other human factors environments.
- Track record of successful collaboration with cross-organizational partners across time zones.
- Fluency with relevant design tools to create detailed user flows, paper prototypes, wireframes, high-fidelity mocks and click-through prototypes.
- Ability to work and contribute to a highly technical and metrics-driven environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating your focus on users, problem-solving skills and ability to launch and land products with large scale, global impact.
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Google Maps aims to assist people as they navigate and explore the world – and we are now bringing the best of Google Maps into the car.
In this role, you will identify and explore new opportunities, taking complex driving tasks and transforming them into intuitive and easy-to-use experiences for people around the world — from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Translate product goals, user insights, and technical constraints into delightful, elegant, usable and measurable user experiences.
- Participate throughout the product design process – creating user flows, high-fidelity user interface designs and prototypes.
- Communicate complex interaction concepts with clarity and persuasion.
- Handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Be at the forefront of new Auto experiences – exploring new ways to visualize complex navigation and direction information and conceptualizing maps information on multiple screens in cars.