|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: Workplace Technology Solution Designer
Location: Macquarie Park
This position is for a Workplace Technology Solution Designer, who will be responsible for the conceptualisation, solutioning, and implementation of workplace technologies to transform Singtel IT through the use of IT technologies in order to meet current and future business demands. This role will work across the different technology domains to drive transformational changes to Singtel IT infrastructure in order to bring about optimisation and cost efficiencies to the workforce, to achieve business and Group IT KPIs.
Workplace technology is the primary interface between users and the business systems and applications. It is the primary enabler of communication, collaboration and access to business applications across the region. This covers the core technologies that enables access to business systems, and the primary devices that individual users interact with. The workplace technology platform has significant influence over the Customer Experience of internal Singtel staff. As a result, the performance of this team can reflect the user community’s perception of the overall IT experience.
This position is responsible for evaluation of these technologies, Solution Design and Reference Architecture development for an enterprise of over 20,000 employees and guiding approval, implementation and operation of same.
Main activities of the role include:
- Provide input to develop and communicate Workplace Technology strategies and standards via appropriate Reference Architectures including on-premise, hybrid and/or cloud options
- Develop solutions and ensure compliance of others’ solutions with above Reference Architectures
- Identify and investigate opportunities to utilise and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective and flexible solutions
- Manage the introduction of new technologies into the production environment
- Provide adept guidance and support to business and technical managers and Architects on major projects that are of strategic significance or complexity
- Collaborate with a global workforce of technology professionals to maximise capacity and integrated communications capability
Solve complex problems and provide expert technical advisement to engineering and operational teams.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree, technical diploma/certification or equivalent minimum 10 years of experience in a competitive IT environment.
- In depth, advanced knowledge of core Microsoft Technologies (AD, SCCM, PKI, A/V), messaging and collaboration tools, and mobile device management platforms.
- Good knowledge of SOE design and management, including GPOs and PowerShell
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to lead change.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders by demonstrating the value of technologies
- Design planning and technical specification skills, incorporating advanced problem solving and analysis of workplace technology systems
- Proven ability to work with a mixed workforce of internal and outsourced vendors to achieve maximum efficiency and results.
- Professional/technical skills
- Proven expert ability to provide end user technology strategies and the design of optimised solutions in complex and large multi-site environments
- Excellent understanding of core technologies;
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server)
- SOE design and governance
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Citrix desktop and application delivery
- Active Directory
- Software Packaging
- Office 365
- Endpoint Protection/ Anti-Virus
- Print Management
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!