|Location:||Brisbane - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Embrace a truly diverse job working with a great group of people. Develop a career that means something, without sacrificing life at home. Oh, and enjoy the view.
About Port of Brisbane
We’re so much more than ‘just a port’. From marine operations and security specialists to property managers, strategic developers and administrative experts, our team is truly diverse. Whatever your role, it’s likely no two days will be the same. The very nature of what we do means new challenges, new tasks and new projects are always on the horizon. As we innovate in a changing industry, we need people who get the job done and then help us do it better. Our best people do that every day.
You’ll join a company proud to be renowned for best practice in our industry. We continue to invest in innovation and growth to move PBPL and the maritime industry forward. Our continued success depends on the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. Join us and help us build a bright future for PBPL, for Queensland and for you.
As part of the Technology team, you’ll design, build, test and implement security systems within PBPL’s IT network. You’ll have the opportunity to develop strategic initiatives and take a hands-on role to see them through to implementation. You will maintain and upgrade system security and will partner with the business to ensure the ICT infrastructure continues to support the digital leadership vision.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively manage and enhance the security stance of the organization from both a technical and staff capability standpoint
- Design, build, test and implement security systems across a geographically dispersed and customer focused organisation including ICT, OT and IoT system
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures and coordinating internal and external security audits
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and promptly respond to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
- Ensure system upgrades are planned and executed in a timely fashion to ensure compliance with mitigation strategies
- Partner with the business to ensure all personnel have access to the ICT, OT and IoT system limited by need and role, appropriate ICT security related training programs are delivered, and security measures are explained and enforced
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills
- Advise, implement and enforce security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and application development security standards per business requirements
- Evaluate and Implement multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; recommending enhancements and preparing cost estimates
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic IT Security Architect looking for a role where you can help shape the strategy and see it through to implementation? Are you someone that:
- Has a good working knowledge of current IT risks and implementation of security solutions
- Stays up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products
- Has knowledge of network and storage architectures including virtualisation hypervisors
- Enjoys taking ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to improve, automate and otherwise add value to the business
- Is open to participating in a rostered “on call” after hours support system
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to work directly with and manage the expectations of a range of stakeholders
- Is resilient and enjoys working within a small team environment to achieve results
- Continuously searches for the best solution
- Is a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Working with us
We really do have a great bunch of people, who want to be here! You’ll be welcomed and supported by your manager and your team to be the best you can be. You’ll benefit from the know-how of our experienced long-termers, as well as the fresh perspectives and ideas of the new experts we’re bringing into the business. And with a range of optional social activities on offer, you’ll build trusted relationships across the company.
We expect a lot from our people, who are committed and dedicated to our mission. But our teams tell us they really value the balance they can achieve between work and home life. From a family-friendly culture and work rosters to flexible work arrangements where possible, we’ll support you to bring your best, at work and at home.
We strongly encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Ready? Let’s get started.