|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Traffic Management division, is one of New Zealand's leading Traffic Management Service Providers and we're on the lookout for an experienced designer to join our growing traffic management team based in Penrose. You’ll be part of a leading organisation, with excellent career path and development opportunities.
About the role
As our TMP Designer, you’ll be executing the design and submission of Traffic Management Plans using AutoCAD. Overseeing the end-to-end process you will seek approvals, submit advertisements and liaise with local councils. You will also:
- Review incoming TMP requests for quality of information from our clients.
- Design traffic management plans using AutoCAD for planned works within our Maintenance contracts for on-site activities such as Asphalt Surfacing, Chip Sealing, Kerb, Channel and Footpath works, and other works.
- Develop proforma to provide clear direction to the RCA and STMS on the methodology of works and implementation of the TTM closure.
- Conduct site scoping visits as required to assess TMP suitability against on site environmental factors
- Develop relationships with clients and ensuring adherence to quality and H&S policies.
- Ensure the submission of plans to the Corridor Access Request team and liaise with the Road Corridor Authority for access to their network.
You will excel at being organised and enjoy daily challenges where no two days are the same. You will need excellent attention to detail and organisational ability. You will also need:
- Experience with AutoCAD/Rapid Plan
- To be an STMS Level 2/3 Non-practicing qualified
- Hold a TMP Planner warrant – not essential
- To be self-motivated, driven to deliver excellent results , willing and wanting to continually learn
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
- All of the equipment and tools you will need to do your job well
- The opportunity to join a friendly and professional team
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 571881.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.