|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Director the Project Testing & Commissioning Manager, you responsible for activities relating to Serial testing and commissioning of Rolling stock.
This position will be initially located in the Perth CBD and relocating to the Bellevue manufacturing facility early 2021.
What are my responsibilities?
- Define clear and exhaustive Train Acceptance Criteria.
- Implementation of validation and certification test for serial testing & commissioning.
- Definition of the expected vehicles configuration and quality level at the hand over from the manufacturing line milestone.
- Creating contract testing and commissioning documentation (tests programs, tests description, delivery planning, acceptance criteria, jigs and special tools, records, associated workload and workstation organisation (TAKT) based on contractual and design technical requirements.
What do I need to qualify?
- Minimum 5-10 years Rolling Stock knowledge
- Degree in Engineering
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.