|Job Type:||Full Time|
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a System Safety Engineerto look after the safety of the new system at a System of Systems level.
- Analyse Customer requirements related to safety and takes part in the bid phase of project.
- Ensure that the operational / Air Traffic Management safety objectives (defined at System level) and engineering safety requirements (defined at equipment level) are correctly spanned to all levels of the project development (software, hardware, COTS)
- Define / participate plans and methods for the verification of operational / ATM safety objectives and engineering requirements
- Anticipate and propose solutions of any concern that could affect the engineering safety of system or product
- BEng or equivalent appropriate degree along with over 5 years’ experience in development of real time and distributed systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries.
- Clear understanding of systems engineering process and functional baseline management from specification writing, requirement analysis and traceability through to system level design/architecture/interface and requirements management.
- Knowledge of international safety assurance standards from the ATM, Avionics, rail or military related domains including: EUROCONTROL, Safety Assessment Methodology, ARP4761, 4754, DO-178, DO-278 or CENELEC, MIL-STD-882
- Demonstrated, well-developed ability to work in an integrated and multi-cultural team environment
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!