|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The Operations Manager role is a key member of the Wholesale Payments Operations team in Sydney. As Operations Manager, you will be accountable for managing High Value Clearing, Low Value Clearing, Cheque clearing, BPAY, Cross Border Payments, FX Payments and Merchant Acquiring operations for Australia and New Zealand. This role also involve strong governance and oversight skills to partner with the offshore teams. A critical part of this role requires you to possess strong knowledge of local banking processes, products and regulations pertaining to payments and clearing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage High Value, Low Value, Cheque clearing, BPAY, Cross Border Payments, and FX Payments operations
- Driving and executing the strategy that supports the business objectives and managing all internal and external service level agreements
- Partner with local, regional and global stakeholders on strategic initiatives and be an active contributor for the key projects
- Manage the regulatory reporting functions and develop strong understanding of the local regulatory requirements and ensure strict adherence to the specifications
- Liaise with partner banks on regular basis, review and update service level agreements, have periodical calls with all partner banks to ensure the policies and procedures are updated and being the single point of contact for local regulators, Central bank and other local vendors
- Work in close cooperation with Product, Technology, Compliance, Sales and Implementation teams to drive the broader franchisee agenda
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and hands on experience in Banking, including domestic and cross border payments, Merchant Acquiring, Trade Finance and Liquidity Operations
- At least ten years of Banking experience with an emphasis on people, service, performance management and operations in a management capacity
- Strong acumen for management by numbers and exceptions along with a track record of executing and managing significant change agendas locally and regionally
- Excellent process and analytical skills with the ability to work in a complex, matrixed environment along strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and develop strong partnerships across diverse teams.