|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Solution Sales Specialiast - Azure Data & AI (Melbourne)
As an Azure Data & AI Specialist you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers.
You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly SQL Server and Azure Data Services (including our Data Platform, AI and IoT services) revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will be a trusted advisor and a Data & AI subject matter expert. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision. You will need to support customers to remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction. You will help our customers take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform to realize the value of digital transformation.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 40% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and surfacing new engagements that align with the customer’s business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 40% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Data & AI solutions. You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making. You will lead presentations and solution demonstrations to explain and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's Data & AI solutions, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- 20% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Data & AI go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 5-7 years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on data platform technologies preferred
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors preferred
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud deals especially those involving Data Platform modernization and migration, AI and related preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Certifications. Azure Data Engineer or Azure AI Engineer required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.