|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Product Owner/Manager (Pricing Engine Platform)
It’s an exciting time here at ING and we are looking for a Senior Product Owner/Manager, to join our Consumer Lending tribe, for an 18 month max term contract.
The Consumer Lending tribe in conjunction with Mortgages and Enterprise tribes are leading the delivery of a new Pricing Engine platform for ING. The Senior Product Owner is a key role in the tribe, accountable for the successful delivery of the new Pricing Engine Platform for the bank.
What are you going to do?
- Work with the third party supplier of the Pricing Engine to align on detailed delivery and drive required outcome
- Work with business SME’s to translate business needs into technical requirements and align these business requirements with stakeholders across the bank
- You align the various stakeholders’ differing interests and demands (business, technology, risk, etc.) ensuring that the squad’s interest and priorities are met
- Enhance the squad productivity to achieve business and customer outcomes, from both product and technology work
- Represent the squad and participate in key ceremonies, such as the tribe Obeya, tribe QBR and all relevant agile meetings
- Work with the Chapter Lead, Tribe Lead and other CJEs and Product Owners to decide what needs to be achieved within the squad and ‘why’.
- Clarify the value of the planned work items, develop business cases and ensure the squad is in a state of readiness
- You determine and formulate the business and product requirements for existing and new products and services within the legislative and regulatory frameworks and in line with customer interests
- Managing the demands for fast project delivery against agreed time lines and other technical debt considerations
- Work with the tribe delivery teams for maximal efficient deployment of the resources from the team
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years in a Product Owner role in an Agile organisation
- Experience in implementation of Pricing Engine or similar platform is very desirable
- Experience as a senior BA could be helpful
- Experience as a Product Manager could be helpful
- Proven track record in comparable sourcing/off-shoring projects
- Experience working in Financial Services (preferably Retail Banking) is ideal
- Demonstrated experience in working and managing timely delivery of complex projects with team spread across geographical locations
- Strong hand-on delivery experience using Agile
- Strong analytical skills are required as understanding of complex processes are required
- Excellent execution drive
- Strong communication skills while working closely aligned with a variety of support functions, stakeholders and international vendors
- Excellent stakeholder management, skills to align stakeholders and bridge business and IT on all aspects
- Strong communication skills to motivate teams, explain and present the milestones, status and results
- Strong sense of urgency to deliver milestones according to plan
- Ability to understand business requirements, technical design and solution and application architecture
- Ability to operate on own initiative with a pro-active attitude
- Strong coaching, team building and facilitation skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement and quality
- Effective stakeholder management and communication.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
Sound like the sort of place where you'd' feel at home? We'd love to hear from you!