|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking applications from Project Support Officers for upcoming opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
These role(s) are within the CASG environment, providing Program Support. Notwithstanding, the following activities and deliverables are envisaged during the term of this engagement:
- Work with CFO Group team to track financial allocations.
- Work with contract and product managers to track vendor performance.
- Work with schedulers to track schedule performance, inputs, etc.
- Research performance data across the workplace.
- On behalf of the Sustainment Manager, prepare briefs for known activities like Fleet Screenings, SPMS and Senate Estimates, and ad-hoc taskings as they arise.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Experience and familiarity with CASG program management requirements.
- Experience and familiarity in Finance and Budget Management preferably within the CASG/Defence environment.
- Experience and familiarity with scheduling activities preferably within a Experience in preparing briefs for a range of audiences
- CASG/Defence environment.
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- An experience project support officer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- PMP or Prince2 certification.
- Experience working in a high performing project team managing and delivering project outcomes.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.