|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Azure Specialist for Data & AI is technical sales professional within our Enterprise sales organization, focused on bringing on new managed customers onto the Azure platform. The Azure Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Data & AI solutions, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As a Azure Specialist, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft Data and AI solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering pre-sales demonstrations, proving technical concepts, and helping drive ROI discussions on the move to cloud for our Enterprise customer base.
Whilst Microsoft are happy to hire this role initially in Korea, this role ultimately will need to be based in Sydney, Australia. Please only apply if you are willing to relocate once Covid travel restrictions ease.
- Customer centricity is at the core of how we operate our business
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure consumption
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new opportunities through territory planning, events, and demos in coordination with Microsoft Partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
40% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and developing new Azure consumption engagements which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools and targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
60% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Azure Data & AI solutions. You will win the customers’ technical decision for consumption projects and usage scenarios through tailored messaging, technical discussions, and aligning the appropriate solutions partners, programs and resources to guide them in decision making and consumption plans. You will lead technical demonstrations of Azure solutions to explain and prove the capabilities of Microsoft Azure relative to the customers business and technical objectives. These efforts will accrue to developing minimum viable product (MVP) solutions which will accelerate deployment to Azure with support of other technical roles including Azure Partners.
- 2-6+ years' of cloud technology related sales or consulting experience, particularly around Data Platform technologies.
- Fluent in Korean and English
- Technical capabilities in two or more of the following:
- SQL including OSS (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Ability to present the differences between on-prem, cloud and hybrid models for Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and AI.
- Proficiency in Open Source, SQL Migration, and/or Competitive (Oracle, Hadoop, etc.) scenarios and the paths customers would take to adopt the cloud.
- Position analytics including migration from legacy on-prem solutions (E.g. Netezza, Teradata, Oracle).
- Strong ability to articulate the value props and infrastructure components (DW, SQL, Data Lakes etc.) to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.