|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company with diverse projects
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Life Cycle Cost (LCC) Modeller in our team in Garden Island, NSW
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Performance Modeller you will:
- Be responsible for the asset performance modelling tasks associated with forecast of cost and associated risk for the Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) Materiel System
- Liaise with asset performance analyst team and broader DDG enterprise stakeholders to determine requirements and approach for cost modelling in order to provide decision support and meet asset management objectives
- Define, implement, populate, use, verify and validate cost models and associated data sets. The models that could be used include, but are not limited to life cycle cost models, availability models, reliability models, sparing models
- Participate in the planning and costing of modelling activity, assessment of modelling tools, development and management of modelling plans, processes and framework.
- Prepare reports to support business cases and decision making using the outputs from performance and cost modelling activities.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical methods including, data manipulation and visualisation – in particular using multi-dimensional and hierarchical data
- Good understanding of basic statistical concepts including probability distributions and confidence intervals
- Strong understanding of the System Engineering lifecycle
- Experience working with Systecon tools like OPUS10, Simolx and Catloc
Experience in a maritime maintenance environment or working knowledge of Defence engineering, maintenance and financial policies and procedures will be considered favourably.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotm