|Job Type:||Full Time|
A great place to grow
- Oversee and drive improvement across the Group’s Workers Compensation portfolio
- Provide the best care and recovery options to our team members
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
The Woolworths Group is a large, complex organisation with over 200,000 team members and a large workers compensation portfolio across Australia.
A rewarding opportunity exists for a committed and experienced Workers Compensation Manager to join our team and drive our Workers Compensation program. From managing our outsourced claims provider, delivering continuous improvement initiatives and leading a specialised team, you’ll partner with various business units and our TPA provider to ensure we are providing our team members with the best care and recovery options.
Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Manager, you’ll join us for a 10 month fixed term contract, covering a parental leave period, and have the opportunity to be accountable for;
- Leading, coaching and developing a committed and dedicated team of Workers compensation specialists
- Managing the outsourced claims provider renewal, contract and performance against CPIs and KPIs
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with business unit return to work and safety leads
- Developing and delivering a continuous improvement plan with our outsourced claims provider based on strategic initiatives
- Breaking down barriers, managing stakeholders and holding people accountable for action.
- Developing and overseeing the delivery of strategic initiatives to improve team member’s experience whilst on claim
- Maintaining and optimising Self Insurance Licence requirements
- Managing regulatory relationships with key stakeholders in each jurisdiction
- Monitoring the performance of the claims portfolio against actuarial expectations and driving step change reduction in workers compensation provision and payments
- Providing due diligence and management of acquisitions and divestments
- Maintaining and monitoring the performance of the scheme insurers
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking an influential and decisive leader with solid workers compensation experience. You’ll have excellent project and change management skills coupled with the ability to problem solve and identify root causes. In addition, we’re also seeking a strong communicator with;
- An in depth knowledge of national workers compensation regulation and self insurer requirements
- Extensive workers compensation experience, with a comprehensive working knowledge of legislation across all Australian jurisdictions, policies and practices, rehabilitation and managing a provision
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations
- Solid communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to proactively structure analysis and deliver insight
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.