|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vendor Account Specialist
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for providing the best end-to-end selling service, and drive private supply by responding and managing client valuation requests.
You will continuously aim to improve vendor’s selling conversions and clearance percentages, and grow and deliver a fresh private stock budget.
This role can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, review, research and provide valuations on wine and spirits.
- Edit and update auction product estimates reflecting research and sale date.
- Manage and update fresh stocks valuations and improve clearance rates with price and market management.
- Put in place strategies, service processes and communications to improve vendor experience.
- Negotiate selling terms with private vendors.
- Negotiate reserve-pricing requests.
- Manage, coordinate and communicate private vendor’s selling experience from collection to sale.
- Continuously review and improve selling services to grow supply.
To be successful in this role:
- Solid wine knowledge
- Sound planning and research skills
- Ability to cultivate excellent client relationships and provide prompt advice regarding selling services
- Service oriented with strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding professional communication & presentation skills
- Time management, organisation & prioritisation skills
- Ability to make decisions and keep things simple
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly collaborative nature
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You