The role and what youâ€™ll contribute to
We are seeking a Senior Product Development Engineer with experience in Electronics, , Software & Testing to be be responsible for the successful planning, implementation and management of Multimedia and Connected Vehicle projects, including the development of features and functions within the multimedia head unit (e.g. Navigation, Voice Recognition etc), whilst providing expertise and guidance in relation to complex matters. This position is further responsible for the coordination of cross-divisional workshops, facilitating information sharing with internal and external shareholders (including Toyota Japan) and managing external suppliers to ensure Multimedia and Connected Vehicle strategic objectives are achieved. Â
How youâ€™ll make an impact
- Develops and maintains project schedules and reports performance against key milestones to ensure delivery of projects to schedule, quality and cost objectives. Ensures governance of projects, resolving and escalating issues as required to minimise risk.
- Implements and reviews agreed systems, processes and procedures for Multimedia and Connected Vehicle Services consistent with set policies in order to achieve set objectives and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and statutory requirements. Has experience in and utilises both waterfall and agile methods to ensure our Contractors and external suppliers deliver high quality products and services.
- Monitors and manages supplier activity, performance and ongoing capability to set KPIâ€™s, conducts testing and leads the identification of countermeasures as required to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Analyses data and provides insights into Multimedia technology and industry trends in order to inform design, development and evaluation. Â Â
- Clearly communicates, coordinates and facilitates regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders to review Multimedia and Connected Vehicle project milestones and product quality. Ensures progress is clearly visualised, and escalates issues when required, along with notifying impacted stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner. Recommends and implements countermeasures as required.
- Updates and maintains reporting systems in order to provide the business with accurate and timely information to support planning, budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Monitors own tasks with respect to compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements in order to minimise Toyotaâ€™s risk exposure and liabilities.
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualification in IT, Engineering (specifically electrical/ electronic/ software) or equivalent experience
- 5+ yearsâ€™ accumulative experience
- Understanding of Multimedia, IT, software development and in-vehicle electronics systems development processes.
- Ability to coordinate output of multiple streams effectively
- Significant project management expertise and experience, inclusive of vendors and budgets.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including ability to manage internal & external Stakeholders and negotiate outcomes in a complex environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Japanese language capability (desirable).
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
- At Toyota, anything is possible, and we believe in our people to make it happen. Weâ€™re proud of every single one of them and give the recognition and reward they deserve. From comprehensive remuneration packages to flexible working conditions and healthcare, we invest in our people to make their career as great as it can be.
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
Youâ€™re welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers