|Job Type:||Full Time|
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are an Australian owned business with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, consultancy and application services. Founded by the Willcocks family in 1974, we work to keep our communities safe and green.
Despite COVID-19 we are growing as an organisation and need an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Operator to join our team based out of South Morang, Victoria. This role will support a long-term contract of Active’s, and include working in locations including South Morang, Whittlesea, Wallan, Kinglake, Plenty, Kangaroo Ground, St Andrews, Eltham and Greensborough.
The purpose of this role is to operate an elevated work platform and manage vegetation around powerlines in urban and rural locations.
To be successful you will need:
- Have a current and unrestricted drivers’ licence (MR/HR class is highly desirable)
- EWP licence/ticket
- Chainsaw operation experience (Ideally Certificate Level 1 & 2)
- Have demonstratable industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- Have the flexibility and desire to travel and work away from home
- Be highly safety conscious with the ability to undertake thorough risk assessments regularly
- Be confident in operating machinery and willing and keen to be upskilled
What you’ll get in return:
- Full time permanent role with an essential service provider
- $28 to $32 per hour depending on experience, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- Exposure to and use of innovative and cutting-edge industry technology
- Outdoor work, with the ability to work away from home
- Work as part of small independent team
- Opportunities for training and development to progress your career
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
To find out what it is like to work at Active go to https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.