|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
[Applications Close on 16 August 2020]
Note: This application is intended for candidates that are eligible for work authorisation in Australia. Please be prepared to answer the following in your application:
(1) Do you have working rights in the country you are applying for?
(2) Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for an employment authorised visa status or other work authorisation?
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Over the years, Microsoft has experienced great success and we are just at the beginning of an incredible new wave of opportunities. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. Every organization across the planet will look to internal and external digital tools to help in their own digital transformation. Microsoft is uniquely positioned in an era of massive business and societal transformation. Our entire purpose is to make things that help our customers make things -- and make things happen. Join us in our quest to democratize the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge capabilities for the world.
In Australia, our internship program is uniquely positioned to bring out a depth of experience being embedded in a role, whilst being exposed to a breadth of teams and technologies. As an intern, you will work full-time during university holidays, and part-time during the university semester as you complete your course of study. Our open intern positions in Australia vary from technical roles to non-technical business development roles. Each intern has a variety of experiences – from hosting customer sessions, to helping to run important programs for our customers, or creating a chat-bot to be demoed to a customer.
During the interview process, you will have an opportunity to explore each of the internship paths and use Microsoft as a platform for you to pursue your passions.
Key features of the Internship Program:
- You can expect to work part-time (3 days) during your university semesters and full-time (5 days) during your semester breaks.
- You will be paid at a competitive market rate.
- The internship tentative start date will be on 30 November 2020, and end date on 3 December 2021
- You can expect to join our signature Intern Learning Week conference with all our Interns across Asia Pacific and Australia & New Zealand (up to 7 countries) on the first week of July 2021.
- You will Intern with us whilst completing your final year of your university degree, with the opportunity to convert into a full-time graduate position upon your completion.
Upon applying to Microsoft Internship Program, as you further your progress through later interview stages, you will have an opportunity to explore 7 different categories of roles, and speak with your interviewer on which opportunities you want to pursue. Every intern we hire is placed in a different role – centred around these 7 categories:
Technology -specific Roles:
1. Modern Workplace Specialist Roles
2. Data & AI Technology Specialist Roles
3. Azure (Cloud) Application & Infrastructure Specialist Roles
4. Business Applications Specialist Roles
5. Technology Strategist Roles
Technologies live and breathe Microsoft technologies. They may consult technology strategy, run a workshop, or create an MVP to showcase to a client. It’s preferred you have a technical degree/background. Examples: Account Technology Strategists, Partner Technical Architects
6. Account Management Roles
At Microsoft, we are customer obsessed, working across teams to provide value to our clients and partners in bringing in new customers to the Microsoft stack. Examples: Account Executives, Customer Success Account Managers, Partner Development Managers
7. Marketing and Operations Roles
Great program managers can work across teams and business segments and teams to drive excellence internally. Examples: Sales Excellence Managers, Business Program Managers, Product Marketing Managers
At Microsoft, we strategically hire with an intention to give a taste of what full-time graduate roles are like. Our interns play a pivotal role in supporting various business areas in optimizing our operations and support in customer engagements. As a community, you will have an opportunity to share your experience with other interns and learn from their role and responsibilities to get a broad view of how Microsoft operates across segments and disciplines.
Over-and-above your day job, you will also have an opportunity to lead or be a part of stretch projects across various Diversity & Inclusion or Philanthropy initiatives in the business.
- Expected to graduate between June 2021 - June 2022 and on-tra
- Have less than 2 years combined (full-time) professional work experience
- Able to work full-time during university holidays and part-time (2-3 days a week) during semester
- Thrives in a fast paced, ambiguous environment - comfortable with uncertainty and working with peers across various levels of seniority
- Passion for assisting others through technology and innovation, seeking opportunities to learn new methods, procedures or techniques
- Customer-obsessed, with a willingness to understand the relationship between businesses and technology
- Excellent communication, presentation & collaboration skills, willing to support others’ successes
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead
- Information Systems or Computer Science majors preferred, but not required
Key Dates of Application
Applications Close: 16 August 2020
First Round Interviews: 2 - 4 September 2020
Final Round Interviews: 14 - 25 September 2020
Offer: First Week October 2020
We are also thrilled to share with you that our Virtual Experience Platform (VEP)at Microsoft!
VEP is an online learning platform dedicated to anyone keen to explore Microsoft’s culture, technology, product knowledge using a series of learning modules ranging from technical skills to the soft skills to enhance your work-readiness.
You are empowered to do self-paced learning that will be rewarded with virtual badges and a learning certificate upon completion of the program! You will also become a priority applicant for our open roles if you choose to be stay connected with us.
Tap into the immense knowledge and learning from Microsoft experts. Upon completion you can show off your learning certificate on LinkedIn!
Access the platform here and start on your Microsoft learning journey now!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.