|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based at Curragh - Qld- 7/7 Roster
- DIDO with camp accommodation provided
- Experienced MPU Operator required
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
Reporting to the Site Manager - Curragh, the purpose of this position is to operate in a safe and efficient manner in order to provide a quality product for the purpose of blasting at the site. In addition, the MPU Operator will be responsible for the delivery of emulsion based explosives in alignment with the services supplied on site as well as:
- Safe and efficient machinery operation of a MPU for the purpose of manufacturing explosives.
- Safe and efficient Shot preparation including but not limited to shot security, measuring, baiting of holes, back filling.
- Basic maintenance on all on site equipment.
- Completion of all required paperwork.
In the mining industry, in-depth knowledge is crucial for driving and sustaining change that results in improved productivity.
We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced MPU Operator on a 12 months fixed term contract to provide Support to our Curragh site within the Bowen Basin Region. This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise you're mining skills and knowledge for one of our key customers.
You will have the ability to work autonomously and assist the site in complying with and improving systems, ensuring a smooth and effortless process. You will be a committed team player with a strong emphasis on safety, customer service and achieving results. You will also have:
- RII suite Surface extraction competencies
- Dangerous Goods License
- Heavy Rigid Vehicle License
- Forklift License (desirable)
- Have the aptitude to use computer software
- State and site specific mine license requirements
- Security Sensitive Ammonium Nitrate (SSAN) Clearance (QLD)
- Ability to pass a D&A Test, Physical
- Flexibility to work across varying sites
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- Flexible working conditions
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Discounted corporate health plans
- Personal leisure travel discounts
- Sustainability leader as rated by ACSI
- My Rewards discounts and perks program
A little more about us
Please click on apply and we will be in contact with you within 5 working days with an update.
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.