Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, services provided by NSM include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The Project Manager applies project management practices and processes to the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD Capability Assurance Program (CAP)) project which includes meeting with and coordinating NSM Resources, including schedulers, engineers, technical writers, Commercial and Finance team members, Quality team members, and any other stakeholders working on the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD CAP) project.
The Project Manager (SEA 2048 Phase 6) is the central point of contact between CASG Project Manager (ACSSPO) and the NSM Engineering group for the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD CAP) project.
- Establish and maintain enduring relationships with project stakeholders
- Central point of contact between CASG and NSM for SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD CAP) project
- Development of Project Management Plan and related project documents (including, but not limited to, project schedule and budget) for NSM execution of the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD CAP) project
- Accountability for executing the approved SEA 2048 Phase 6 project plan, meeting all outcomes
- Manage all risks associated
- Ensure all stakeholders (key & otherwise) are engaged & considered to deliver ‘Best for Program’ outcomes
- Establish optimum communication within the project by creating and maintaining a culture of openness, responsiveness, honesty and trust
- Previous experience with the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and/or the Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)
- Experience in Defence funding allocation
- Essential Compliance Requirements
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to Negative Vetting 1 level
- No restrictions to access to AEO or FOUO level or to ITAR controlled material
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members (direct & indirect), so that all employees are: engaged with the business; understand and adopt NSM’s values, strategy and plans; and are motivated to achieve their objectives and improve the business
- Establish clear communication within the team by creating and maintaining a culture of openness, communication that is responsive, and honest, with and from all members of the team, providing innovation and organisational agility