Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012,as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The Field Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for delivering front line engineering support and waterfront support to the LHD and LLC vessels ensuring that they are kept in a safe and reliable state of operation in accordance with the requirements of the Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS).
- Foster and maintain customer and enterprise relationships
- Conduct engineering investigations and analysis
- Provide Problem Identification Report response to the production team and repair agents
- Analyse requests of an engineering change to determine whether the proposed change has merit
- Undertake the analysis, design, development and preparation effort required for Technical Instructions
- Provide engineering/technical advice on the operation and maintenance of vessels and supporting systems
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the engineering function and the LHD Enterprise
- Conduct tasking as directed by the Field Engineering Manager
- Qualifications in Engineering and/or advanced trade qualifications and experience
- 5 years’ of Demonstrated experience in relevant marine/industrial environments and role
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Previous experience in a similar role with the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and/or the Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)
- Experience in design, operation or maintenance of complex/large vessels
- Experience in Naval Technical Regulatory System and/or Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS)