Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012,as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The Technical Data & IP Specialist has accountability for delivery of all IP and Technical Data obligations under the Head Contract and subcontracts.
Technical Data and Software Management
- Oversight and Management of all Customer, NSM and Subcontractor Technical Data and Software
- Development, Management and Reporting of the Master Record Index (MRI) the Technical Data and Software Rights Schedule (TDSR) and the ensuing financial milestones are met
- Mentor NSM program team and act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Technical Data obligations under both the head contract and subcontracts
- Identification and categorisation of contractual Technical Data and Software.
Intellectual Property (IP) Management
- Oversight and Management of all Customer, NSM and Subcontractor IP Obligations
- Establish and implement processes to ensure functional compliance with head contract and Subcontract IP Obligations
- Mentor NSM program team and act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for IP obligations under the head contract
- Provide guidance and advice to NSM program team in relation to different IP rights
- Escalation of IP issues to Management
- Ensure NSM’s use of IP is in accordance with any applicable IP rights and restrictions
- Management of IP Markings
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required
- Evaluation and enhancement of policies, process, procedures and systems
- Tertiary qualifications in a related legal field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of different IP Rights
- Knowledge of Technical Data Management
- Experience with IP Licensing and negotiation
- Experience of Government contracts
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Tertiary qualifications in a related legal field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- knowledge of Contract Management
- Prior experience in Defence sector