|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
About The Role
An exiting opportunity exists for Support Workers to join our friendly Home and Community Care team on a Part Time basis in the Far West NSW region.
In this role you will provide support to Uniting’s aged care clients to manage their day to day activities, enabling them to live independently and helping them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build lasting relationships with a range of clients
- Undertaking of domestic tasks including cooking and housework
- Assist with personal care such as showering and toileting
- Provide transport to appointments and shopping allowing connection to their local community
- Working with clients with dementia and communicating with the broader care team about client’s wellbeing
Qualifications and experience:
- Current First Aid certificate
- Currenlty living in the Far West Region including Broken Hill, Ivanhoe, Menindee
- Driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
- Cert III in Aged Care or equivalent (desired not essential)
- Previous experience in ageing or community care an advantage
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients. We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.