|Job Type:||Full Time|
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are an Australian owned business with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, consultancy and application services. Founded by the Willcocks family in 1974, we work to keep our communities safe and green.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Recruitment Manager to lead our Internal Recruitment Team (IRT) based in Bayswater, Victoria.
This newly created position will report directly into the Chief People Officer and take ownership of the talent acquisition function. The successful incumbent will review and improve the effectiveness of the IRT including the business’ overall recruitment and selection strategy and processes ensuring alignment to our business operating model. They will work closely with hiring managers to fully understand their recruitment needs and develop customised recruitment strategies for individual roles to enable effective and timely placement. This opportunity would suit an energetic, self-motivated individual who has a continuous improvement mind-set and a passion for talent.
- Review and improve the effectiveness of the IRT including the overall recruitment and selection strategy with a focus on brand awareness aligned to Active’s purpose and culture.
- Review and continuously improve recruitment processes and systems to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Develop and report on key metrics to evaluate the success of talent acquisition function.
- Manage and monitor the end to end recruitment and selection process for all vacancies to meet business needs and ensure an ideal candidate experience.
- Write job advertisements with key audiences in mind and manage the advertising process across a range of platforms.
- Support hiring managers throughout the interview process and provide coaching around the importance of efficient and effective talent acquisition techniques.
- Develop and deliver on strategic recruitment initiatives.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in leading and improving an internal talent acquisition function
- Previous internal recruitment experience in a high-volume blue-collar end to end recruitment environment
- The ability to work with leaders at all levels, and have the confidence to challenge ideas in a constructive way to ensure the best hiring outcomes are reached
- Experience in managing end to end processes through recruitment and HRIS systems. Exposure to PageUp and Sage People would be advantageous.
- Experience utilising talent sourcing tools such as LinkedIn and Seek Talent Search.
- The ability to productively lead a team remotely as well as work autonomously.
- To be pro-active in your approach with good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills to a be applied across a nationally distributed workforce.
- You are able to think outside the box to find solutions and interpret data to identify trends and make recommendations.
What you’ll get in return:
- The opportunity to lead and shape your own talent acquisition function
- A permanent full-time opportunity based in our Bayswater office
- Active offers flexible working arrangements to accommodate work life balance
- An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate
- Work for a growing organisation who provide essential services to communities, underpinned by a strong social conscious
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
To find out what it is like to work at Active go to https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.