|Job Type:||Full Time|
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Software Engineer within our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Edinburgh Parks and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Lead this role will see you utilize your significant demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialized software systems.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of allocated Software Engineering work packages and artefacts
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Provide regular status information to the relevant Team Lead and/or Project Manager as required
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
Strong understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- A good understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies: C, C++, Ada software development languages
- Previous experienced working with various Scripting Languages
- Previous experienced with software development under the Windows and/or UNIX environments
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design principles
- Experience with UML Modelling
- Good understanding of structured (Functional) design principles
- Experience in the use of Configuration and Change Management principles and tools
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1)
Although not essential previous experience in a Defence organisation will be highly regarded
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.