|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Welcome to Digital Sales Sydney where you will join a team of smart, hardworking, intelligent specialists passionate about cloud technologies and helping our customers succeed.
Our Azure specialist team works closely with the account executives and the technologist team to engage with customers, understand their primary business issues and help to compose cloud based solutions that drive the outcomes they need.
We work in partnership with teams located in the APAC countries that we serve which provides our clients the benefit of digital and face-to-face sales and support. Typically (ex COVID-19) we visit the customers in their country 3-4 times per year to strengthen those relationships and form partnerships with the ISV's and local systems integrators.
As an Azure Specialist in Apps & Infrastructure you will manage a portfolio of typically 75-100 customers in the corporate segment. Your accountabilities include supporting our large existing clients, clients building their cloud competence and clients keen to take their first steps towards hybrid world.
Further to this you will be goaled on assisting customers move 'up the stack' from pure IaaS based Solutions to more advanced PaaS based offerings and helping customers take their first steps from on-prem to hybrid solutions.
This is an exciting team using Microsoft proven digital sales capabilities with AI assisted tools that deliver unique insight and perception into client needs.
If you see a bright future with cloud technology, want to use the latest digital tools, are hungry to develop new sales capability and domain expertise then apply for this role and let's get started.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure penetration
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
- Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2-6+ years of technology related sales or business development experience, particularly cloud computing and management; experience working within a technical sales environment preferred.
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners.
- Confident articulation of key cloud and technology trends, key business principles and ability to establish credibility
- Understanding of:
- Cloud computing market and ability to develop deep expertise in Microsoft Azure.
- Cloud computing services to include application deployment and database technologies
- Development stack and principles of CI/CD;
- Migration virtual machines from private to public cloud environments
- Principles of Hybrid Compute, Management, Security and Operations.
- Ability to combine first party Azure Services with 3rd party ISV solutions
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.