|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer has an exciting opportunity in our Asset Services Industrial business unit for an enthusiastic, proactive and organised SMP Estimator.
As an experienced SMP Estimator, you will support our Asset Services team to bid and win medium size capital projects and shutdown turnaround works.
If you are looking to enhance your career and develop your skills in a high-performing environment we would like to hear from you. The role will be based in Perth CBD, reporting to the Estimating Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This critical role will be responsible for the following (not limited to):
- Understand client requirements (this includes site visits and client engagements).
- Producing first principle and/or norms based SMP estimates.
- Develop estimates as per client requirements and producing methodology and schedules to a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Ability to produce fixed lump sum enquiries with the expectation to present the estimate through a formal review process.
- Preference is for previous use of Candy Estimating software, however not critical.
- Ability to evaluate, identify scope anomalies/complexities through simple and complex drawings.
- Provide sound, qualified decision-making to the estimating process, following process and protocols.
- Interpreting scopes of works, drawings and technical documentation.
- Producing RFQ packages for prospective subcontractors and vendors.
To be successful you will demonstrate experience in the above plus:
- Estimating experience within the Mining/Industrial environment (Iron Ore, Minerals, Power Generation).
- Site Experience within the mining/industrial industry with trade or engineering background.
- Working in a collaborative and focussed team environment.
- Working knowledge of the industrial and mining markets.
- Commitment to accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously.
- Working knowledge and adherence to process for tendering, estimating and proposal procedures.
- Strong time management skills to manage and deliver key requirements in a geographically dispersed organisation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A collaborative and dynamic team, where you are treated as a highly valued team member where your thoughts, innovation and ideas really do count
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the link to apply.
For more information or if you experience any technical difficulties with your application please email email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES