|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Controls Analyst - Operations
It’s an exciting time here at ING and we are looking for a Business Controls Analyst, to join our Operations team here in Sydney!
The Business Controls Office is responsible for the Operational, Regulatory and Compliance Risk activities undertaken in the 1st Line of Defence for Retail & Wholesale Bank Operations & Group Treasury. The team provides support through advice, guidance and assurance & continuous improvement activities.
Reporting to the Business Control Office (BCO), this role will be responsible for supporting Operations teams in the identification and management of non-financial risk (operational, regulatory and compliance risks) in line with ING’s Risk Appetite Statement, policies and regulatory obligations.
What are you going to do? You will…
- Monitor and track non-financial risk items (Issues and Events) and ensure timely actioning aligned to policy and procedure
- Manage data quality and QA activities across systems including development of best practice guidelines
- Report, analyse and provide insights to support Operations in effective identification and management of non-financial risks
- Work with Operations and 2nd Line of Defence teams (reporting to CRO) to drive improvements to processes, tools and systems used in management of non-financial risk
- Develop expertise in Bank Non-Financial Risk policies and standards to ensure compliance across the Operations business
- Develop expertise in the compliance and regulatory obligations and reporting applicable to financial institutions
- Perform ad hoc analysis or participation in projects
- Undertake controls design or testing activities
- Participate in tool, system or process pilot activities
- Review and provide input to policy changes or enhancements
- Develop training material or presentations to educate or share knowledge across the business.
What are we looking for? Someone who has
- Degree qualified in business or finance discipline
- Problem solving and critical analysis skills (eg. Bow tie, Fishbone, 5 Why’s)
- Sound knowledge of Operations’ systems and business processes
- 3+ years of experience in a Retail Banking environment
- Previous experience with operational risk concepts and frameworks (Issues/ Events/ Risk Assessments)
- Experience in documenting processes and driving process improvement
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance regimes (AML / KYC, Privacy, Banking Code of Practice, Responsible Lending etc.)
- Experience in a 1st or 2nd line operational / compliance risk role or internal / external auditor role
- Experience developing and delivering training to a broad range of stakeholders
- Exposure to agile delivery and an understanding of agile ceremonies
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Work planning and organisational skills
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for deriving insight from data
- Proven working experience in remediation projects and/or key control testing
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.