|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about helping customers on their digital transformation journey by providing a differentiated and impactful experience of the Microsoft Cloud? The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) is a state-of-the-art environment staffed with a team of senior technical architects that help customers envision, design, and demonstrate solutions that meet their exact needs. The MTC handles a small lab containing high-end servers, networking infrastructure, modern devices, and cloud based solutions to prove out the most challenging and complex scenarios. The MTCs engage customers to help them strategize, architect, test, and deliver creative business solutions that empower them to transform their business. It would be your job to lead a cross-functional team that figures out how to go about accomplishing just that.
You will work on the most complex projects for the top companies from start-ups to our largest global partners to articulate the business opportunity, propose and validate solution architecture, and transfer knowledge on best practices. You will move seamlessly between on-premises, cloud, hybrid, and mobile solutions. You will be a strategic leader for the assigned sales territory and help set the direction for how we articulate Microsoft vision and differentiate it from our competition.
- Grow revenue and expand footprint in strategic targeted accounts.
- Perform as overall manager responsible for the MTC facility and operations, personnel, reporting, expenses, and budgeting. Be single point-of-contact for MTC performance and status reporting within the assigned sales territory.
- Develop strategic relationships with customers, Account Managers, Technical Specialists, Solution Specialists, and Services. Position Executive Briefings, Strategy Briefings, Architecture Design Sessions , Workshops, Hackathons and Proof-of-Concepts to our internal and external customers and work collaboratively to identify the best combination/course of action for a given opportunity. Coordinate with affiliated virtual teams and partners to the maximum benefit of the customer.
- Champion opportunities and accelerate them through the Microsoft Selling Process (MSP), working closely with the virtual account team. Build trust with customers and enable their decision-making process using consultative selling techniques. Use MTC reporting tools to track progress and results.
- Oversee management of facility. Build annual capital request budgets, working with local facility Operations Manager.
- Attract, hire, develop, and carry overall responsibility for all MTC personnel. Develop consistent goals and commitments, provide support for competency development, deliver performance reviews, and be responsive to team and individual needs. Drive for a high Workgroup Health Index (WHI) results. Foster an environment that values diversity, respect, and open communication.
- As a member of the worldwide MTC Leadership Community, develop creative processes and plans for building strong customer-centric culture and product and services revenue results.
- Contribute to development of overall MTC strategy and planning process, by sharing insights and best practices.
The position requires a dedication to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal and external customers, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment. The candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes. The candidate needs to have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with new technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
Candidates must have a technical undergraduate degree, 14+ years of experience in pre- or post-sale consulting or as an IT professional, demonstrated project management skills and experience, strong social, presentation, verbal, and writing skills, 6+ years of experience with consultative or solution selling processes, and demonstrated ability to effectively execute strategic plans. A minimum of 3 years of previous people management experience also required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.