|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to rapid growth, the Downer Northland team are looking for two motivated individuals to join our Transport Services crew as a permanent Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Level 1, based in Whangarei. This is a great opportunity to join a great company that looks after its people - whether you are experienced or you’re just starting out and looking to get your feet into the industry.
Are you a TC or STMS looking to gain exposure, experience and take ownership in a varied role working with NZ's largest infrastructure business? Keep reading!
What does a Downer STMS do?
You will play a huge part in the success of our assignments and representing the Downer brand. You will work to TM plans, manage crews and supervise Traffic Controllers on site. You’ll play a key role ensuring your team and the general public are safe at all times. Day to day tasks will include:
- Maintaining signs, assets and equipment
- Maintaining Work Vehicles
- Managing work site traffic safety ensuring correct sign set out and supporting with traffic control
- Incident management where you will attend and manage emergency callouts
- Supporting crew with coaching and on-the-job development and training
If you enjoy spending your days on your feet and outdoors, this would be your perfect next move! You will have a can-do attitude, strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate your team. We’d also value:
- STMS Level 1 Certificate (preferable)
- Class 2 Full New Zealand Driver’s licence
- Reliability, problem solving abilities and people skills
- A commitment and confidence to maintain safe work practices
- A willingness to travel throughout the Northland region and pick up overtime
What’s on offer?
Our Traffic Management team is responsible for supporting various Northern network roading projects, so you will gain plenty of exposure and varied experience. We also offer:
- Flexible working conditions, job security, and a rewarding hourly rate, plus overtime pay in a friendly and professional environment
- Full time – minimum 40 hours per week with overtime available
- Uniform and PPE supplied
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career progression
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including gym memberships, retail discounts and many more!
How to apply:
Head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 571410 to apply. Or alternately, drop in your CV to your local Downer depot!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
The Downer NZ Recruitment office will be closed from Wednesday, 23 December 2020 and we will be back on deck on Monday, 11 January 2021. If you submit an application during this period please note that we will review your details upon our return and be back in touch ASAP. Wishing you a safe and festive holiday season.