|Location:||Southbank - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria's safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Accounts Controller is responsible for performing the accounts payable and accounts receivable cycle in line with ESV's policies and procedures. In addition this role contributes to the efficient operations of the Finance and Business Services function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Entry and payment of all supplier invoices on timely and accurate basis
- Ensure timely issue of customer invoices
- Proactive collection of overdue debts
- Participate in team projects
- Review of business systems to identify appropriate customer solutions
- Reconciliation of daily bank statements
- Prepare cash and cheque deposits for the bank on a weekly basis
- Complete timely month end processing of the accounts and journals as required.
- Record management and reporting
- Assist staff with queries and advise on related processes
- Liaise with external stakeholders as required
- Streamline processes and related documentation
- Review and update policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties required by Financial Accountant
To be successful, you'll have:
You will have sound general accounts experience in a similar role over 5 years, demonstrating customer service orientation with evidenced diplomacy, strong attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving. You will also have well-developed time management and prioritisation skills.
Important for this position are strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Working knowledge of TechnologyOne Financials will be strongly regarded.
Why join us?
At Energy Safe Victoria we offer roles that enable our people to feel valued by making a meaningful contribution to the Victorian community. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive culture, and support the skills and career development of our people through regular leaning, development and growth opportunities. Through our diversity and inclusion strategy we encourage, recognise and celebrate all the differences between people in their social and professional lives.
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button.
ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).
Please note that the location for this opportunity may temporarily be working from home due to the current requirements for all Victorians to practice social distancing amid the pandemic.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rebecca Qi, Financial Accountant via 03 9203 9740