Last updated 44 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
Unite with the very best,
Every day, we're all part of something bigger. That sense of being stretched to be better is right at home here.
Senior Commercial Manager - Expression of Interest
About the role
Our Utilities division has an opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Commercial Manager based in our Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne Offices. You will be accountable for developing and delivering on commercial strategies, undertake high level contract reviews and provide authoritive advice to senior management on matters relating to commercial opportunities and risk associated with the project to ensure financial success of the project.
- Ensure Joint Venture compliance
- Ensure compliance with Head Contract
- Provide your commercial and financial expertise during the pre-contract stage through to project execution and completion
- Review and approve contractual documentation associated with the project
- Develop commercial plans to meet and exceed business objectives
- Provide regular management reports to operations and senior management against key measures and indicators
- Provide direction and support to project team for the management and negotiation of major claims and disputes with subcontractors and Clients
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with the Project Director and the Project Leadership Team to develop, agree and implement contractual strategies
- Maintain the Joint Venture Project Action Items list.
- Management of the Progress Payment Application (PPA ) process and liaise with JV partners to ensure timeliness of the claims and preparation
- Represent the project as a key senior project leader
To be successful is this key role, you must have\:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Law, Commerce, Quantity Surveying,
- 10 years’ experience in commercial and contract management on construction, engineering, infrastructure or transport projects
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to promote continuous improvement initiatives
- Previous experience in commercial and contractual management of lump sum major projects in an engineering and construction environment, preferably in Australia
- Proven track record in driving change management and dispute resolution
- Full management and delivery of all project related cost control activities including; forecasting and monthly reporting
- Experience in managing commercial aspects of major projects and tenders.
- Understanding of construction principals and legal arguments
- Delay / disruption and claim experience required
- Demonstrated experience in the negotiation and management of commercial contracts that achieve service delivery outcomes
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the application of commercial and contract law
- Experience in consultation and stakeholder management
Due to the remote nature of our projects frequent travel/working away may be required in-line with project requirements.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements, have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment.
Unite with the very best,