|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
A Microsoft Technical Specialist’s main goal is to secure the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. Technical Specialists (TSs) are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and engagements for salespeople to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and secure the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed sales targets in your assigned accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
As a Security & Compliance Technical Specialist (TS):
You will be the technical sales Advisor for Security & Compliance within your account teams.
- You will manage the advancement of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance capabilities and support the advancement of the overall Modern Workplace portfolio, encompassing the Microsoft 365 suite and Surface devices.
- You will identify opportunities and work with your account teams to build the business case for Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team for Microsoft’s Intelligent Security Graph, Identity Protection, Threat Protection, Data Protection, Security Management and Office 365 Advanced Compliance; and will manage the strategy for Security & Compliance within your account teams.
- You will work with your account teams to obtain a strong understanding of each account’s governance and decision processes and the customer’s business & technology priorities.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will deliver technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will manage and facilitate to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance sales and customer usage.
- You will own the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision-making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI-driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping pave the way for successful implementation.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to facilitate the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer-centric ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and developing individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft.
- Security & Compliance practitioner. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance.
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Security practitioner. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 preferred.
- Technical depth. Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike) required
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners
- Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills required.
- Executive Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Self-Motivated passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Experience. 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration preferred.
- Certification in the following preferred: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSE, ECSA or GISP
- Microsoft prides itself on the parental and family related leave we offer to help when you need to be with your family
- Microsoft provides a vast range of training and learning experiences for their employees from online self paced training, through to face to face conference style learning. We want to invest in your learning, so bring your passion and we will help you find the right path.
- Microsoft offers incredible flexibility in the way in which its employees work. For this role, remote work is very much supported. You can make a choice about where you want to work, whether it be from your home office, our offices, or a customer site. Flexibility is at the core of this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employ
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.